Re: MMU-less systems and vfork.

Berger, Daniel

5/5/2005 2:31:00 PM

Perhaps adding Process.vfork to core Ruby wouldn't be such a bad idea.
In Perl, I believe you can optionally add vfork support during the
configure phase. Maybe Ruby should consider a similar approach.

Regards,

Dan

1 Answer

nobu.nokada

At Thu, 5 May 2005 23:31:12 +0900,
Berger, Daniel wrote in [ruby-talk:141223]:
> Perhaps adding Process.vfork to core Ruby wouldn't be such a bad idea.
> In Perl, I believe you can optionally add vfork support during the
> configure phase. Maybe Ruby should consider a similar approach.

Using vfork() resulted SEGV, so it's been replaced with fork().

--
Nobu Nakada