Antlr (or other LR) and Ruby

Darren Jackson

A while ago I asked if it was possible to generate Ruby parsers for
Antlr defined trees. Since no answer was received I guess it's not
currently possible.

Does anyone use Ruby in an application with a custom language (say, as
an interface for user queries)? If so, what do you use to generate the
language parser?

Thanks
1 Answer

gabriele renzi

cdf ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> A while ago I asked if it was possible to generate Ruby parsers for
> Antlr defined trees. Since no answer was received I guess it's not
> currently possible.
>
> Does anyone use Ruby in an application with a custom language (say, as
> an interface for user queries)? If so, what do you use to generate the
> language parser?
>
> Thanks

I don't ever used it but did you took a look at RACC (included with ruby)?
Oh, and I think rockit.sf.net was an attempt to write an ANTL-like
parser generator, even if I'm not sure it will work with current ruby.