Rails developmnet environment on Windows

Igor Anic

5/5/2005 8:19:00 AM

Just started my first Rails project.
I'm coming from Windows/Visual Studio world.

What are the options and experiences for Rails development environments
on Windows?

Currently I'm using SciTe editor and Windows Explorer. SciTe is great
but I'm looking for better project organization, integrated debugger,
intellisense and the other things from VS.
What are your experience with other options:
- Eclipse(with RDT)
- FreeRIDE
- Arachno Ruby
- ...

Thanks,
Igor
2 Answers

Ville Mattila

Igor Anic <ianic@4dva.hr> writes:
> What are your experience with other options:
> - Eclipse(with RDT)
> - FreeRIDE
> - Arachno Ruby
> - ...

Try arachno ruby. It has a great build-in debugger, great editor, great
code navigator, code folding. To put it shortly its really great ruby IDE.

- Ville

Jeff Barczewski

Well I haven't tried Arachno yet, but Eclipse and jEdit are good.
jEdit just got method expansion in the ruby plugin that went out
today. I have used both of these in the Java world for some time and
really liked them. Ruby support is up and coming but looking good so
far.