Re: Inverting a regular expression?

Harry Ohlsen

5/4/2005 8:17:00 AM

> From: Assaph Mehr [mailto:assaph@gmail.com]
>
> How about splitting on the regex instead of scanning for it? It'll
give
> you the longest sequences between matches -> everything that didn't
> match.

Yep. I thought of that after the fact. The code was actually in
Javascript, which is probably clouded my thinking initially.

However, the real point of my question was to see whether there was a
way to do the inversion. I only mentioned the specific problem because
I thought people might wonder how I came to be thinking about it.

H.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and the unauthorized use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to it, is prohibited.

Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does not, therefore, accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses. The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion.

For more information about Hyperion, please visit our Web site at www.hyperion.com