rdoc, how is about :br: ?

Balwinder S Dheeman

5/4/2005 3:58:00 AM

Hi rdoc experts!

How is about adding a *:br:* directive? For example, I have a code like:

# LIST [ACTIVE|NEWSGROUPS] [Wildmat]:br:
# LIST [ACTIVE.TIMES|EXTENSIONS|OVERVIEW.FMT]
def list(opts)

So that the :br: converts to *<br />* when generating HTML docs.

I'm new to Ruby, have attempted to look in the sources of rdoc, but
could not out where do I add and, or modify the code?

Thanks for any help in anticipation.

Regards,
--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

Balwinder S Dheeman

On 05/04/2005 09:27 AM, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
> Hi rdoc experts!
>
> How is about adding a *:br:* directive? For example, I have a code like:
>
> # LIST [ACTIVE|NEWSGROUPS] [Wildmat]:br:
> # LIST [ACTIVE.TIMES|EXTENSIONS|OVERVIEW.FMT]
> def list(opts)
>
> So that the :br: converts to *<br />* when generating HTML docs.
>
> I'm new to Ruby, have attempted to look in the sources of rdoc, but
> could not out where do I add and, or modify the code?
>
> Thanks for any help in anticipation.

NP, I have done it!

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
Anu's Linux@HOME Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix
More: http://anu.homelinux... Visit: http://count...

Austin Ziegler

On 5/4/05, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman <bsd.SANSPAM@cto.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Hi rdoc experts!
>
> How is about adding a *:br:* directive? For example, I have a code like:

I don't believe that this would be a good idea. I'm presuming that you
are trying to indicate ways in which #list can be called? Try one of
the list formats instead. When he created rdoc initially, Dave Thomas
tried very hard to keep most formatting out of the documentation, and
I (for the most part) agree with him.

I think that I'd rather see support for keyed external documentation
(so that I can have documentation *separate* from the immediate method
for purposes of translation; this would also make it possible to have
"virtual" documentation for meta-methods) and classification changes.
The latter would allow me to do:

# The writing pointer for ...
attr_reader :y
def y=(yy) #:classify attribute:

instead of:

# The writing pointer for ...
attr_accessor :y
def y=(yy) #:nodoc:

Those two items would be far more useful than anything else for me at
this point.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com