classifier lsi and ruby gsl

Tom Reilly

5/4/2005 2:03:00 AM

Does anyone have ms-win binaries for gsl so that I can use the lsi
routine in classifier_gem?

Thanks

2 Answers

Cameron McBride

Hello Tom,

> Does anyone have ms-win binaries for gsl so that I can use the lsi
> routine in classifier_gem?

I don't think they exist. You might find GSL bindings, but the rb-gsl
(http://rb-gsl.rub...) extension is written in C and I'm
skeptical of any binaries being available for it (although it is a
great binding, thanks Yoshiki).

The LSI part of classifier is still under rapid development. I have
heard some talk of trying to find an alternative fast solution with
less outside dependencies, but it has yet to surface.

Cameron

Dave Fayram

You might want to check this url:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packag...

Making that build with the rb-gsl might not be trivial, but it's a
start. If you just want to play with the algorithm and don't care how
slow it is, we have a pure ruby prototype available via SVN. Send
Cameron or I an email and we'll get you a copy.

- dlf

On 5/3/05, Tom Reilly <w3gat@nwlagardener.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have ms-win binaries for gsl so that I can use the lsi
> routine in classifier_gem?
>
> Thanks

Dave Fayram (II)
dfayram@lensmen.net