Problem importing ldap in irb.

Wayne Pierce

5/2/2005 8:57:00 PM

For some reason I can't 'require ldap' inside irb, I get an error that
ldap can't be found.

irb(main):001:0> require 'ldap'
LoadError: No such file to load -- ldap
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1

Anyone have an idea what is going wrong? I did a gem install of
activeldap and manually installed ruby-ldap, but those aren't working
either. I can load other modules, such as 'require socket' or
'require uri'. Every example I find online shows 'require ldap'
working.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Wayne

1 Answer

David Naseby

On 5/3/05, Wayne Pierce <shalofin@gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason I can't 'require ldap' inside irb, I get an error that
> ldap can't be found.
>
> irb(main):001:0> require 'ldap'
> LoadError: No such file to load -- ldap
> from (irb):1:in `require'
> from (irb):1
>
> Anyone have an idea what is going wrong? I did a gem install of
> activeldap and manually installed ruby-ldap, but those aren't working
> either. I can load other modules, such as 'require socket' or
> 'require uri'. Every example I find online shows 'require ldap'
> working.

Try
require 'rubygems'
require 'ldap'