Rake goes into infinite loop on Windows

djberg96

5/1/2005 9:17:00 PM

Hi all,

Windows XP
Ruby 1.8.2
Rake 0.5.4

When I tried this simple rakefile it went into an infinite loop (and
leaks like a sieve). Experiments show that it seems to be happening in
the directory task.

Am I doing something wrong?

# rakefile
require "rbconfig"
require "rake/testtask"
include Config

destdir = CONFIG["sitelibdir"] + "/html"
directory destdir # Inifinite loop here

desc "Install html-table"
task :install do |t|
FileUtils["lib/html/*.rb"].each{ |file|
cp(file, destdir)
}
end

Regards,

Dan

8 Answers

Lionel Thiry

Daniel Berger a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Windows XP
> Ruby 1.8.2
> Rake 0.5.4
>
> When I tried this simple rakefile it went into an infinite loop (and
> leaks like a sieve). Experiments show that it seems to be happening in
> the directory task.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> # rakefile
> require "rbconfig"
> require "rake/testtask"
> include Config
>
> destdir = CONFIG["sitelibdir"] + "/html"
> directory destdir # Inifinite loop here
>
> desc "Install html-table"
> task :install do |t|
> FileUtils["lib/html/*.rb"].each{ |file|
> cp(file, destdir)
> }
> end
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

It's a bug.

When constructing your destdir, you obtain something like this:
c:/usr/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/html
(this what I obtain on my computer)

But in rake.rb, on line 408, the code for directory is as this:
----8<----
def directory(dir)
while dir != '.' && dir != '/' # work on unix but not on windows
file dir do |t|
mkdir_p t.name if ! File.exist?(t.name)
end
dir = File.dirname(dir)
----8<----

I hope this will help

--
Lionel Thiry

Personal website: http://users.skynet....

Eddie Haskell

"MattB" <notrdell1234@gmail.comspam.> wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 16:13:51 -0600, "Eddie Haskell" <rrhv@wqpm.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"MattB" <notrdell1234@gmail.comspam.> wrote in message

>>> No that would be Glenn Beck. Well it is good you have no logical
>>> reason for believing as you do.
>>
>>What do I believe?
>
> Who knows it is hard to understand one so insane.

So you say that I have no logical reason to believe as I do and yet you
don't know what I believe and that makes me the one that's insane?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_...

-Eddie Haskell

Richard Steel

On Nov 8, 2:57 pm, MattB <notrdell1...@gmail.comspam.> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:31:52 -0800 (PST), Richard Steel
>

> <rsteel2...@aol.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 8, 2:12 pm, MattB <notrdell1...@gmail.comspam.> wrote:

> >>    Fox news also has a story on it.  To bad they have also sunk so
> >> low.
>
> >Again, you don't give an example of how FOX New  "sunk so low" - you
> >just accuse them, and let that stand.
>
>     You provided the standard yourself in you reply about Time
> Magazine.

Meaningless, hopelessly vague statements.

Again, what, EXACTLY, did FOX News do that you found sou outrageous?

> Here a few more
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voices/post/michi......
>
>  The law, Matt’s Safe School Law, named in memory of Matt Epling, who
> committed suicide in the wake of relentless anti-gay bullying, offers
> a loophole to those who want to bully gay students or anyone else they
> don’t like. All they need to do, according to the newly passed
> legislation, is claim that their bullying was based on “a sincerely
> held religious belief or moral conviction.”
>
> ****

Again, not a quote by a Republican defending their law. Not an
explanation of what the law actually says. Just hysteria.

Nothing
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/280...
>
> Why Does Michigan’s Anti-Bullying Bill Protect Religious Tormenters?
>
>  But the Michigan legislature is doing its best to make me hang my
> head in shame. On Wednesday, the Republican-controlled state senate
> passed an anti-bullying bill that manages to protect school bullies
> instead of those they victimize. It accomplishes this impressive feat
> by allowing students, teachers, and other school employees to claim
> that "a sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction" justifies
> their harassment.
>
> *******

This is a reprint of the Time Magazine piece.

> Guess Muslims bombing the Towers was OK because of their "sincerely
> held religious belief or moral conviction"  To the Tea Party.

What are you babbling about?

> >I can't help but notice that you didn't care about a 78 year old woman
> >being shoved down a flight of cement stairs by your buddies, the
> >Occupy Wall Street Thugs.

>   A Distraction a Strawman Ok.  I do hope they catch those responsible
> and punish then to the MAX.  There happy.

No. Where is one billionth the outrage you vent at the Tea Party and
FOX News?

Oh, wait....you're a lying sack of shit, aren't you?

> >Didn't you used to pretend to be a Christian?  There is a price one
> >pays for constantly pretending to be that which they are not.

>   I am a Christian

No, you're not. You say you are when it's convenient.

> and no where in the Bible does Jesus say Christians
> have the right to do this.

Right to do what, exactly? You still haven't posted what the law
says.

>  That they should bully non-Christians.
> Care to show me where Jesus said it???????

Care to show me what the law actually says?

MattB

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:11:56 -0800 (PST), Richard Steel
<rsteel2525@aol.com> wrote:

>On Nov 8, 2:57?pm, MattB <notrdell1...@gmail.comspam.> wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:31:52 -0800 (PST), Richard Steel
>>

>> <rsteel2...@aol.com> wrote:

>> >Again, you don't give an example of how FOX New ?"sunk so low" - you
>> >just accuse them, and let that stand.
>>
>> ? ? You provided the standard yourself in you reply about Time
>> Magazine.
>
>Meaningless, hopelessly vague statements.
>
>Again, what, EXACTLY, did FOX News do that you found sou outrageous?

Nothing at all they ran the story too.

I do find it very un-Christian to think Jesus support bullying.

On Nov 9, 9:39 pm, MattB <notrdell1...@gmail.comspam.> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:11:56 -0800 (PST), Richard Steel
>

> <rsteel2...@aol.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 8, 2:57 pm, MattB <notrdell1...@gmail.comspam.> wrote:

> >>     You provided the standard yourself in you reply about Time
> >> Magazine.
>
> >Meaningless, hopelessly vague statements.
>
> >Again, what, EXACTLY, did FOX News do that you found sou outrageous?

>    Nothing at all they ran the story too.

"Fox news also has a story on it. To bad they have also sunk so low."

>   I do find it very un-Christian to think Jesus support bullying.

What evidence do you provide that the law supported bullying? Other
than hysterical rants, I mean?

MattB

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 06:11:41 -0800 (PST), Richard Steel
<rsteel2525@aol.com> wrote:

>On Nov 9, 9:39?pm, MattB <notrdell1...@gmail.comspam.> wrote:
>> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:11:56 -0800 (PST), Richard Steel
>>

>> <rsteel2...@aol.com> wrote:

>> >Meaningless, hopelessly vague statements.
>>
>> >Again, what, EXACTLY, did FOX News do that you found sou outrageous?
>
>> ? ?Nothing at all they ran the story too.
>
>"Fox news also has a story on it. To bad they have also sunk so low."

Richard you a little crazy at times. I just applied the same
standard you applied to Time Magazine and all the sudden your in nut
mode. Yes I know Fox News is perfect to your type above God.

>> ? I do find it very un-Christian to think Jesus support bullying.
>
>What evidence do you provide that the law supported bullying? Other
>than hysterical rants, I mean?

Well lets see a law that is to prevent Bullying has a out for those
that claim they bully because of religion. Seems to support bullies
that claim they do so because of religion. Why would you even need
that out.

They did this to say a Christian has the right to Bully. Can you show
me in the bible where Jesus said to bully anyone?

Maybe Fred Phelps helped write this. Maybe Rev. Terry Jones helped
write it he is running for President he does have all the making of o
a radical Tea Party member.

If you changed the Murder laws to say you can do so for religious
reasons think of the effect. All murderers would claim it was for
that reason. The law makes it plain you can bully all you want if you
claim it is for Religious reasons. Why did they use tax dollars to
make such a stupid law? Talk about wasting money.

Talk about a person defecating on a car and both the news and Tea
Party members go insane.
Then talk about a law to prevent bullies from driving kids to
suicide being hijacked and made useless for political gain and the Tea
Party members don't just say nothing they defend it.

Richard Steel

> >>    Nothing at all they ran the story too.

> >"Fox news also has a story on it.  To bad they have also sunk so low."

>    Richard you a little crazy at times.

No, I'm not. However, you're a big liar pretty much every the time
you're online.

>  I just applied the same
> standard you applied to Time Magazine

Of course, you did no such thing.

My objection to the Time Magazine article was not that they dared
discuss the issue - but they did so dishonestly. The author never
explained EXACTLY what the law was, nor did he provide ANYONE from the
Republican Party to defend it. He simply handed in a 700 hundred word
temper tantrum.

>... and all the sudden your in nut
> mode.

If FOX News handled the story, I'd be very interested in reading what
they wrote.

>  Yes I know Fox News is perfect to your type above God.>

For a person who pretends to be a Christian, you certainly do enjoy
insulting God, don't you?

> >>   I do find it very un-Christian to think Jesus support bullying.
>
> >What evidence do you provide that the law supported bullying?  Other
> >than hysterical rants, I mean?

>    Well lets see a law that is to prevent Bullying has a out for those
> that claim they bully because of religion.

What, EXACTLY, does that mean? Are you saying that a thug can escape
punishment for beating up a person by claiming they're a Christian?
If so, I'll need some proof of that.

What, EXACTLY, does the law say?

>  Seems to support bullies
> that claim they do so because of religion.

How? Where? When? What? WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT?

> Why would you even need
> that out.

Read that sentence out loud.

> They did this to say a Christian has the right to Bully.

I don't believe you. Prove it.

> Can you show
> me in the bible where Jesus said to bully anyone?

My, my. You've gone from insulting God to hiding behind Jesus' robes.

> Maybe Fred Phelps helped write this. Maybe Rev. Terry Jones helped
> write it he is running for President he does have all the making of o
> a radical Tea Party member.

> If you changed the Murder laws to say you can do so for religious
> reasons think of the effect.  All murderers would claim it was for
> that reason.  The law makes it plain you can bully all you want if you
> claim it is for Religious reasons.  Why did they use tax dollars to
> make such a stupid law?   Talk about wasting money.

What does the law ACTUALLY say?

The truth is that YOU DON'T KNOW - and YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

> Talk about a person defecating on a car and both the news and Tea
> Party members go insane.

And in bank lobbies. And drug overdoses. And throwing feces & blood
in the face of a hot dog vender. And rapes. And torching a
building. And tossing a 78 year old woman down a flight of stairs.
And selling heroin. And open antisemitism. And marching with Nazis,
KKK members and the Communist Party. And attacking the police. And
being a breeding ground for rats.

And all you do is shrug, and pretend it didn't happen.

Because you're a corrupt person.

>   Then talk about a law to prevent bullies from driving kids to
> suicide being hijacked and made useless for political gain and the Tea
> Party members don't just say nothing they defend it.

To defend what? You haven't even posted what the law says.... only
hysterical rants against it.

Eddie Haskell

"Richard Steel" <rsteel2525@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> Nothing at all they ran the story too.

> >"Fox news also has a story on it. To bad they have also sunk so low."

> Richard you a little crazy at times.

> No, I'm not. However, you're a big liar pretty much every the time
> you're online.

Bingo.

_____________________
/| /| | |