A small DSL for ASP.NET smoke tests

John Lam

5/1/2005 8:44:00 PM

I just blogged about a small domain-specific language that I created for
smoke-testing ASP.NET applications:

http://www.iu.../commentswithentry.aspx?entryid=f805375...
d-a755-62386fd4a569

The DSL is essentially just an embedded YAML file. This is the first
"real" Ruby app that I've created, and it was a ton of fun all the way.

Comments more than welcome. I haven't posted core.rb yet due to a number
of bizarre dependencies on stuff on my computer, but if folks want to
see it, feel free to email me and I'll send you a copy. It will
eventually be open-sourced once I've had a chance to really use it in
production, but I don't really have cycles right now to package for
distribution.

Thanks,

-John

http://www.iu...

1 Answer

Douglas Livingstone

On 5/1/05, John Lam <jlam@iunknown.com> wrote:
> I just blogged about a small domain-specific language that I created for
> smoke-testing ASP.NET applications:

This bit:

include RbTester

def setup
init($def)
end

Could that be:

include RbTester

def setup
init_rb_tester($def)
end

instead? Just thinking that there might be more than one thing that
needs an init called.

Looks like an interesting app :)

Douglas