Re: Is there a Ruby library that does HTML entity parsing?

Peña, Botp

4/29/2005 3:01:00 AM

Ilmari Heikkinen [mailto:kig@misfiring.net] wrote:

#This can also be done using File.split / dirname / basename:
#
#File.dirname "http://foo.com/bar/stuff....
##=> "http://foo.com...
#
#File.basename "http://foo.com/bar/stuff....
##=> "stuff.html"
#
#File.split "http://foo.com/bar/stuff....
##=> ["http://foo.com..., "stuff.html"]
#
#File.join( File.dirname("http://foo.com/bar/doc....),
#"relative_link.html" )
## => "http://foo.com/bar/relative_link....

cool pols, there.
thanks for the tip.

#
#Though that probably breaks on Windows since it has backslashes for
#directory separators.

i'm happy to tell you that it does not. surprise :-)

kind regards -botp

#
#Cheers,
#Ilmari Heikkinen
#
#

9 Answers

Hop

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:13:41 -0500, Starkiller
<NoSpam.SKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>apparent ease.
>>
>>During a tenure marked by friendly jousting with journalists, Snow often
>>danced around the press corps, occasionally correcting their grammar and
>>speech even as he responded to their questions.
>>
>>"Tony did his job with more flair than almost any press secretary before
>>him," said William McGurn, Bush's former chief speechwriter. "He loved the
>>give-and-take. But that was possible only because Tony was a man of
>>substance who had real beliefs and principles that he was more than able to
>>defend."
>>
>>As he announced Snow as his new press secretary in 2006, President Bush
>>praised him as "a man of courage [and] a man of integrity." Snow presided
>>over some of the toughest fights of Bush's presidency, defending the
>>administration during the Iraq war and the CIA leak investigation.
>>
>>Robert Anthony Snow was born June 1, 1955, in Berea, Ky., the son of a
>>teacher and nurse. He graduated from Davidson College in 1977 with a
>>bachelor's degree in philosophy, and he taught briefly in Kenya before
>>embarking on his career as a journalist.
>>
>>Because of his love for writing, Snow took a job as an editorial writer for
>>the Greensboro Record in North Carolina and went on to run the editorial
>>pages at the Newport News (Virginia) Daily Press, Detroit News and
>>Washington Times. He became a nationally syndicated columnist, and in 1991
>>he became director of speechwriting for President George H.W. Bush.
>>
>>Snow had his colon removed and underwent six months of chemotherapy after he
>>was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2005. In 2007, he announced that his
>>cancer had recurred and spread to his liver. He resigned from the White
>>House weeks later and was replaced by his deputy, Dana Perino.
>>
>>After taking time off to recuperate, Snow joined CNN as a conservative
>>political correspondent early this year.
>>
>>Snow is survived by his wife, Jill Ellen Walker, whom he married in 1987,
>>and their son, Robbie, and daughters, Kendell and Christie.
>>
>Hell, you know the drill. When any conservative or Republican passes
>or is killed the left hoots and hollars and laughs while making crude
>insulting jokes about the deceased. If a liberal or a democrat passes
>a conservative dare not even mention that they didn't agree with their
>politics unless they want to be called cold blooded and heartless by
>the hypocrites. Of course the left doesn't want any condolences from
>their political opponents anyway as was displayed at the Wellstone
>memorial.
>Interesting lot they are yes?
>After all, you're talking about folks that cry over the deaths of mass
>murderers and terrorists such as Hussein and Arafat while dancing with
>glee over the deaths of mere political opponents. Go figure that
>logic eh?
>

>'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
>big enough to take away everything you have.'

I think your ability to reflect is hampered by the darkness of your
closet and your god of the republic that requires hatred and fear and
self loathing and enemies of the whole world in order to profit the
few owners who control that god.

Open your eyes and understand the natural reality of reaping as one
sows. The hatred, fear, and lies sown by republics in the name of
profit is destroying America.

As a cancer survivor (thus far) my heart goes out to the family of
Tony Snow. The third person love of republics is nonetheless love even
though they place wealth before love.

Hop

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 07:35:01 -0700 (PDT), "$hitStainMcCain"
<Sheetstain.McCain@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> logic eh?
>>
>> 'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
>> big enough to take away everything you have.'- Hide quoted text -

>Ahhh yes. Another "moral" <snicker> republican hypocrite speaks.
>
>Remember Saddam's sons? Remember the Bush administration showboating
>their deaths with pictures of their dead bloated bodies for the world
>to see?
>
>I don't remember hearing any Republican hyporcrite decrying that
>disgusting display by the shitbags running the war at the time (not to
>mention defiance of the Geneva Convention).
>
>Rumsfeld made the decision and defended it saying it would ultimately
>lead to a reduction of US Military deaths in Iraq. Did it?
>
>I wish hypocrite coward shitbags like you and YoYo were serving in
>Iraq right now instead of cheering from the sidelines waving your

Like the cowardly little fairy gifted with the presidency they worship
as saviour.

Oh the evil that men do in the name of God, I hope it haunts them all
the days of their lives. But of course a souil is required to power
the conscience and they eliminate theirs on their "holy fascine" to
the unnatural god god of the republic.

Christ died trying to expose that evil. Republics would crucify Him
again if they felt their wealth was threatened.

The false god of republics is the core of evil in this world.

Force Majeure

Hop <jade_monkey@loveolution.org> wrote:
> As a cancer survivor (thus far) my heart goes out to the family of
> Tony Snow. The third person love of republics is nonetheless love even
> though they place wealth before love.

A good friend of mine in Fort Worth Texas just passed his 5th year cancer
free, which puts him out of the category of being a survivor to being
officially cured.

It's the best news that I had heard in days.

Nobody laughs at Cancer, becuase anyone can get it.

There, but for the graces of fortune, go I.

Starkiller

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:36:26 -0700, Hop <jade_monkey@loveolution.org>
wrote:

> [...]
>>their political opponents anyway as was displayed at the Wellstone
>>memorial.
>>Interesting lot they are yes?
>>After all, you're talking about folks that cry over the deaths of mass
>>murderers and terrorists such as Hussein and Arafat while dancing with
>>glee over the deaths of mere political opponents. Go figure that
>>logic eh?
>>

>>'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
>>big enough to take away everything you have.'
>
> I think your ability to reflect is hampered by the darkness of your
>closet and your god of the republic that requires hatred and fear and
>self loathing and enemies of the whole world in order to profit the
>few owners who control that god.
>
>Open your eyes and understand the natural reality of reaping as one
>sows. The hatred, fear, and lies sown by republics in the name of

So Snow got what he deserved in your little mind eh?
Thanks for making my point asshole.

>As a cancer survivor (thus far) my heart goes out to the family of
>Tony Snow. The third person love of republics is nonetheless love even
>though they place wealth before love.

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
big enough to take away everything you have.'

Hop

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:44:59 -0500, Starkiller
<NoSpam.SKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:36:26 -0700, Hop <jade_monkey@loveolution.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:13:41 -0500, Starkiller
>><NoSpam.SKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>Hell, you know the drill. When any conservative or Republican passes
>>>or is killed the left hoots and hollars and laughs while making crude
>>>insulting jokes about the deceased. If a liberal or a democrat passes
>>>a conservative dare not even mention that they didn't agree with their
>>>politics unless they want to be called cold blooded and heartless by
>>>the hypocrites. Of course the left doesn't want any condolences from
>>>their political opponents anyway as was displayed at the Wellstone
>>>memorial.
>>>Interesting lot they are yes?
>>>After all, you're talking about folks that cry over the deaths of mass
>>>murderers and terrorists such as Hussein and Arafat while dancing with
>>>glee over the deaths of mere political opponents. Go figure that
>>>logic eh?
>>>

>>>'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
>>>big enough to take away everything you have.'
>>
>> I think your ability to reflect is hampered by the darkness of your
>>closet and your god of the republic that requires hatred and fear and
>>self loathing and enemies of the whole world in order to profit the
>>few owners who control that god.
>>
>>Open your eyes and understand the natural reality of reaping as one
>>sows. The hatred, fear, and lies sown by republics in the name of
>>profit is destroying America.
>
>So Snow got what he deserved in your little mind eh?
>Thanks for making my point asshole.
>>
>>As a cancer survivor (thus far) my heart goes out to the family of
>>Tony Snow. The third person love of republics is nonetheless love even
>>though they place wealth before love.
>

>'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
>big enough to take away everything you have.'
- Like the republics are currently doing

Your hatred bleeds through. The misleading occurs at a very deep
level. Tony Snow was mislead just as you have been, unless you are one
of the very few who sees the bottom line increase every time a
soldiers blood is spilled for the maggot offspring of the owners of
this nation to wallow in.

If you are a profiteer (Snow was not) then may God have mercy on your
soul even though you have sold it for dross.

tankfixer

In article <8b0adf88-88d9-406c-a7c7-ac97c0a048f3@
56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>, Sheetstain.McCain@gmail.com says...

> Remember Saddam's sons? Remember the Bush administration showboating
> their deaths with pictures of their dead bloated bodies for the world
> to see?

Did it upset you to see your hero's dead like that ?

--

"Oh Norman, listen! The loons are calling!"
- Katherine Hepburn, "On Golden Pond"

Nicklas

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:34:02 -0700, tankfixer
<paul.carrier@gmail.comm> wrote:

>In article <8b0adf88-88d9-406c-a7c7-ac97c0a048f3@
>56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>, Sheetstain.McCain@gmail.com says...
>>
>> Remember Saddam's sons? Remember the Bush administration showboating
>> their deaths with pictures of their dead bloated bodies for the world
>> to see?
>
>Did it upset you to see your hero's dead like that ?

It sure exemplified the meaness, the lack of exhibiting
American moral values, principles and anything
connected with American ideals.

Not surprising that a conservative would not see how it
wasn't a good showing for the American People.

MioMyo

<Nicklas@Click.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:34:02 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.comm> wrote:
>
>>In article <8b0adf88-88d9-406c-a7c7-ac97c0a048f3@
>>56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>, Sheetstain.McCain@gmail.com says...
>>>
>>> Remember Saddam's sons? Remember the Bush administration showboating
>>> their deaths with pictures of their dead bloated bodies for the world
>>> to see?
>>
>>Did it upset you to see your hero's dead like that ?
>
> It sure exemplified the meaness, the lack of exhibiting
> American moral values, principles and anything
> connected with American ideals.

No, they ponder whether or not to do it in the first place and it wa decided
that would be the only way to assure the people of Iraq they were really
gone.

But if you really had a shred of morality, you would have some empathy for
Nick Berg, Danny Peril and the other which were brutalized and some video
taped for the world to see. However, I'm sure you realised their deaths all
for your perverted partisan payback reasons....

> Not surprising that a conservative would not see how it
> wasn't a good showing for the American People.

Not surprising you don't consider the head lopping Islamo-Fascist to be
immoral.....

Nicklas

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:21:19 -0700, "MioMyo"

>>>Did it upset you to see your hero's dead like that ?

It sure exemplified the meaness, the lack of
exhibiting American moral values, principles and
anything connected with American ideals.

>No, they ponder whether or not to do it in the first place and it wa decided
>that would be the only way to assure the people of Iraq they were really
>gone.

You're still evading the issue of the lies that got us
there

We were NOT sold on a war to make Iraqis "have a better
life"----we were told (lies) that Iraq was planning an
attack with "tons of WMD", "Missiles", and "Nuclear
weapons", plus was in cahoots with Bin Laden and Al
Queda.

ALL lies.

Killing Saddams sons isn't the issue----the issue is
being there in the first place.

If Iraqis wanted Saddam's Sons dead---then THEY should
have done it.

>But if you really had a shred of morality, you would have some empathy for
>Nick Berg, Danny Peril and the other which were brutalized and some video
>taped for the world to see.

Had they (and we) not been there, how could they have
been killed?

Seems to me that Saddam didn't kill them, Al Queda
did---and THEY were holed up in Pakistan/Afghanistan
some distance away from Iraq. Isn't that true?

>However, I'm sure you realised their deaths all
>for your perverted partisan payback reasons....

They could not have been killed had Bush not lied us
into a war.

>> Not surprising that a conservative would not see how it
>> wasn't a good showing for the American People.
>
>Not surprising you don't consider the head lopping Islamo-Fascist to be
>immoral.....

The "head-Loppers" were Al Queda, you ignorant moron

Iraq had NOTHING to do with Al Queda.