Re: Ruby is the "Most Loved" programming language

flaig

4/28/2005 10:56:00 AM

Am Donnerstag, den 28.04.2005, 00:05 +0900 schrieb ruby-talk-admin@ruby-lang.org:
From: Lyndon Samson <lyndon.samson@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Ruby is the "Most Loved" programming language
> To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
> s=beta; d=gmail.com;
> <mailto:ruby-talk-ctl@ruby-lang.org?body=unsubscribe>
>
> On 4/27/05, Curt Hibbs <curt@hibbs.com> wrote:
> > Ruby is loved 3 times more than Python and a whopping 50 times more than
> > Java! If you don't believe me, then read my blog posting:
>
> my my, what would Jung have to say about loving an abstract entity
> like a programming language...
>
> :-)

Maybe he'd just say that geometrical beauty is an archetype. And that geometrical beauty is based on symmetry, order, and clarity.
Perhaps there's something deeper to the fact that the most aesthetically unpleasant languages, from Cobol and Basic to C++, Perl and Java, are also the most commercially successful ones?

Oh, I forgot the [ADVOCACY] tag. :-))

-- Ruediger Marcus

===
Chevalier Dr. Dr. Ruediger Marcus Flaig | Germany -- where politicians are still real men
Institute for Immunology | and sheep are scared.
University of Heidelberg |
Im Neuenheimer Feld 305 | Occam's Razor: Never opt for a complex theory
D-69120 Heidelberg | if a simple one provides a sufficient explanation.
Germany | Gibbon's Addendum: Never opt for a complex theory
<flaig@sanctacaris.net> | if base motifs provide a sufficient explanation.

--
Diese E-Mail wurde mit http://www.mail-in... verschickt
Mail Inspector ist ein kostenloser Service von http://www....