Have you tried these?

flaig

4/26/2005 11:21:00 AM

Dear Ilias,

it seems to me that your not getting on well with a few of the contributors to this list is in fact at least partly due to an intuitive dislike of Ruby's complex object system and all that follows from that -- I confess that I myself, coming from an FP background (Haskell), had considerable problems fitting my mindset to this. Have you ever had an occasion to make experiences with any of the following languages, each of which I personally find very appealing?
Erlang -- http://www.... -- fully functional, somewhat like Lisp, but much clearer.
Lua -- http://w... -- a lightweighted, general-purpose language with very concise structure.
I suscribe to both the Erlang and the Lua list and would be happy to see you actively participating in the Erlang and/or the Lua community, both of which are very friendly and highly professional.

Yours truly,
RMF

===
Chevalier Dr. Dr. Ruediger Marcus Flaig
Institute for Immunology
University of Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 305, D-69120 Heidelberg, FRG
<flaig@sanctacaris.net>

--
Diese E-Mail wurde mit http://www.mail-in... verschickt
Mail Inspector ist ein kostenloser Service von http://www....

2 Answers

Lyndon Samson

On 4/26/05, flaig@sanctacaris.net <flaig@sanctacaris.net> wrote:
> Lua -- http://w... -- a lightweighted, general-purpose language with very concise structure.

Lua's a sweet little language with plenty of meta-mechanisms for the
programming paradigm of your choice.

I'm not sure sending the mailing list equivilent of Wolverine to that
community is a good thing though...

--
Into RFID? www.rfidnewsupdate.com Simple, fast, news.

Ben Giddings

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 09:05, Lyndon Samson wrote:
> On 4/26/05, flaig@sanctacaris.net <flaig@sanctacaris.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure sending the mailing list equivilent of Wolverine to that
> community is a good thing though...

Hey! Don't insult Wolverine. He's one of the good guys. Maybe you meant
Toad?

Anyhow, I think the language that would best suit his needs is Transaction
Evaluation and Simulation Terms (TEST) discussed on the newsgroup
alt.test.

Ben