[ANN] Arachno Ruby IDE 0.5.5 for Linux

Lothar Scholz

4/25/2005 6:59:00 PM

Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

You can download a time unlimited trial version from:

http://www.ru.../downloa...

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Berger, Daniel

Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
>
> You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
>
> http://www.ruby-ide.com/downloa...

Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?

Regards,

Dan

Lothar Scholz

Hello Daniel,

DB> Lothar Scholz wrote:
>> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
>> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
>>
>> You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
>>
>> http://www.ru.../downloa...
>>

DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?

Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Berger, Daniel

Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> DB> Lothar Scholz wrote:
>
>>>Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
>>>ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
>>>
>>>You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
>>>
>>>http://www.ruby-ide.com/downloa...
>>>

> DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?
>
> Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

Either, but I was thinking sparc.

Dan

Lothar Scholz

Hello Daniel,

>> DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?
>>
>> Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

DB> Either, but I was thinking sparc.

Sorry, no chance for sparc hardware support.
On this platforms you must stay with FreeRide,Eclipse,Vi or Emacs.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Denis Mertz

Lothar Scholz wrote:

> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
>
> You can download a time unlimited trial version

The splashscreen says 30 days trial edition ?

So is it 30 days or time unlimited ?

But anyway, i'm impressed, it looks really nice.

Ciao

Denis

Lothar Scholz

Hello dm1,

d> The splashscreen says 30 days trial edition ?

d> So is it 30 days or time unlimited ?

It will not count down :-)

d> But anyway, i'm impressed, it looks really nice.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Jay Levitt

In article <1691724296.20050425205822@scriptolutions.com>,
> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

That looks reeeeeally nice. Any chance of SFTP support any time soon?
That's really the only thing keeping me from using it. Right now I'm
using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks. Eclipse seems nice
but I don't want to have to go create a site to import files into a
project just to edit them.

--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | I feel calm. I feel ready. I can only

Lothar Scholz

Hello Jay,

JL> In article <1691724296.20050425205822@scriptolutions.com>,
>> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
>> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

JL> That looks reeeeeally nice. Any chance of SFTP support any time soon?
JL> That's really the only thing keeping me from using it. Right now I'm
JL> using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks. Eclipse seems nice
JL> but I don't want to have to go create a site to import files into a
JL> project just to edit them.

The first arachno users maybe remember that during the 0.1 and 0.2
versions there was already FTP support. I disabled this during the 0.3
rewrite where i completely changed the file handling code - and until now
nobody asked about this again. When FTP comes back i think it's easy to get
SFTP and maybe even WebDAV (does anybody really use this ?) support.

Do you know any SFTP server that is easy to setup on my
development system ?

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Richard Dale

Lothar Scholz wrote:

> Hello Daniel,

>>> Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?
>
> DB> Either, but I was thinking sparc.
>
> Sorry, no chance for sparc hardware support.
> On this platforms you must stay with FreeRide,Eclipse,Vi or Emacs.
And KDevelop works fine on Solaris too.

Rob .

Jay Levitt wrote:
> Right now I'm using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks.

Jay, what jEdit quirks are causing you problems? I'm working on the
next release of the Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit, which along with
method auto-completion for the core Ruby types, will also fix some
quirks in the plugin's parsing of Ruby code.

If you let me know your problems I might be able to get a fix into the
next release if they're related to the plugin.

Cheers,
Rob

http://www.jedit... - Another free Ruby IDE