Missing User-Agent: || X-Newsreader: headers?

Balwinder S Dheeman

4/24/2005 9:11:00 PM

While I was analyzing posts to ruby-talk and, or this newsgroup i.e
comp.lang.ruby, I have observed that only 332 out of 1067 posts carry
header User-Agent: or X-Newsreader: and rest of these that is 735 do not
have any such headers.

I'm wondering, weather these headers have been removed by mailing-list
gateway?

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

Nikolai Weibull

Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, April 25:

> While I was analyzing posts to ruby-talk and, or this newsgroup i.e
> comp.lang.ruby, I have observed that only 332 out of 1067 posts carry
> header User-Agent: or X-Newsreader: and rest of these that is 735 do not
> have any such headers.

> I'm wondering, weather these headers have been removed by mailing-list
> gateway?

People aren't forced to use those headers. I couldn't say whether the
mailing-list gateway does any filtering, though,
nikolai

--
Nikolai Weibull: now available free of charge at http:/...!