Where can I find all the ruby classes and methods?

Victor Reyes

4/24/2005 3:16:00 AM

I was wondering where can I find ALL the ruby classes and methods for
a particular version and release.
Someone was talking about date/holiday.rb, but where are all these
classes documented?
I have several ruby docs, but I don't know of any particular pub that
contains all the classes and methods.

Thank you

Victor

7 Answers

james_b

Victor Reyes wrote:
> I was wondering where can I find ALL the ruby classes and methods for
> a particular version and release.
> Someone was talking about date/holiday.rb, but where are all these
> classes documented?

Well, for 1.8.2 you can look at

http://www.ru.../doxygen/1.8.2/...
http://www.ruby-doc...
http://www.ruby-doc.o...

but Ruby does not yet have complete documentation.

James

--

http://www.ru...
http://www.r...

Nathaniel Talbott

On Apr 23, 2005, at 23:16, Victor Reyes wrote:

> I was wondering where can I find ALL the ruby classes and methods for
> a particular version and release.
> Someone was talking about date/holiday.rb, but where are all these
> classes documented?
> I have several ruby docs, but I don't know of any particular pub that
> contains all the classes and methods.

As others have mentioned, when I want to know what's available I
usually go to http://ruby-doc.o.... However, when I REALLY want
to know (such as when I was looking for holiday.rb), I go to
http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb... and browse the source
tree. The online CVS browser is a great resource, especially for
figuring out differences between versions.

HTH,

Nathaniel

<:((><

jimj122680

On Feb 12, 3:54 pm, jimj122...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Feb 10, 11:04 am, nada <dwalters...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://marx.org/subject/jewish...
>
> > On Feb 10, 8:28 am, jimj122...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > > WHY ARE JEWS SEEN AS WEAK PEOPLE?
>
> > > Jews are viewed as weak because they constantly play "victim".  Strong
> > > people rise above notions of victimhood.  Most people have far too
> > > much pride and dignity to play "victim".  But Jews incessantly whine
> > > about so-called "anti-semitism" and endlessly remind the world of
> > > their alleged suffering (ie. the "holocaust").  Jews essentially are
> > > saying, "feel sorry for us... we suffered".  Do strong people want
> > > others to feel sorry for them?  Of course not.
>
> > > Roughly 50 million people died during WWII.  But do you hear any other
> > > group of people whining like Jews do?  No.  Approximately 20 million
> > > Russians died at the hands of the Nazis... do you hear Russians crying
> > > like children in search of sympathy?  Hardly.  Russians have far too
> > > much self-respect to complain the way Jews do.  Russians understand
> > > that complaining and playing up "victimhood" is a sure sign of
> > > weakness.  On May 9th of each year, Russia holds a quiet and dignified
> > > ceremony to honor the 20 million dead Russians (WWII casualties) and
> > > to note Russia's victory over Germany.  Few people around the world
> > > know about this ceremony - just the way Russians prefer it.
>
> > > Any little thing said about Jews/Israel/the holocaust which does not
> > > follow the Jewish sanctioned view is viewed as an "attack" upon Jews.
> > > Jews then whine on TV, in newspapers, hold press conferences and
> > > demand an apology.  What other group of people carry on the way Jews
> > > do?  None.  Jews can take no criticism; a sure sign of a weak people.
> > > One wonders if and when Jews will every get some dignity and stop
> > > playing the "victim" game?
>
> > > ###
>
> > > My blog:http://immigration-globalization.blogspot... quoted text -

> j- Hide quoted text -