Interesting...

Thursday

4/22/2005 7:00:00 PM

My AI software (which doesn't use ruby 'meta-classes') parsed your post
and determined that the following book has the most potential to
dramatically improve the quality of your relationships with other human
beings:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671723650/102-6559094-922971...

The amazingly cheesy book title is just a carryover from decades ago.
Never judge a book by its cover applies here...(hence the 366 reviews
and 4.5 star reviews)

If you can't get others to provide desired info or perform tasks for you
because they are angry or arguing with you, then this will show you why.
But if your intent was to offend complete strangers by choice of
phrasing a couple sentences in your otherwise nice post, then bravo! It
can be entertaining to watch people get their panties in a bunch! I
just wish it were in a different group since these folks do a lot of
coding I benefit from.

Most libraries will have at least one copy of the book.

I haven't finished reading the book yet--this post is probably a 'what
not do do' example.

ps

What the AI software can't accurately determine is the motivation for an
author posting a specific message.

IQ != Wisdom

For example, it can't determine if a poster's goal is to intentionally
offend people (because it can be entertaining sometimes) or educate
others or get info or get specific action from others or subconciously
overcompensate for a perceived 'shortcoming' in the poster.

If you provide the true motivation for the post and your desired
outcome, I can feed it to the AI and see if it helps because the AI
keeps spitting out '42' after recommending that book.