Instiki, Webrick & ApacheBench?

Petite Abeille

4/22/2005 1:37:00 PM

Hello,

This being a Friday, I was idly trying to benchmark different little
web applications, one of them being Instiki [1].

I'm using ApacheBench to simulate 10 clients sending 1000 requests:

% ab -n 1000 -c 10 http://localhost:2500/wiki/show/HomePage
This is ApacheBench, Version 1.3d <$Revision: 1.73 $> apache-1.3

Requests per second: 5.52 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request: 1812.81 [ms] (mean)
Time per request: 181.28 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent
requests)
Transfer rate: 18.35 [Kbytes/sec] received

Connnection Times (ms)
min mean[+/-sd] median max
Connect: 0 6 132.3 0 2960
Processing: 872 1794 644.9 1662 6216
Waiting: 871 1794 644.9 1661 6215
Total: 872 1800 655.4 1662 6216

Out of the box [2], Instiki manages to handle a bit less than 6
requests per second... which seems, well, kind of low all things being
equal :)

What gives? Is such response rate to be expected? Did I mess up
something?

Thanks in advance for in insights :)

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.text...

[1] Instiki 0.9.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.9
[2] http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2599/instiki...

3 Answers

Joshua J. Kugler

On Saturday 23 April 2005 06:48, Alexey Verkhovsky said something like:
> PA wrote:
> > Out of the box [2], Instiki manages to handle a bit less than 6
> > requests per second... which seems, well, kind of low all things
> > being equal :)
>
> Can you do the same on Instiki 0.10? On my PC it does ~30+ rec/sec.
> Still not very much, but a lot more than any Instiki installation is
> ever actually subjected to in the wild.

Unless, of course, you manage to write an article that becomes of
interest to the Slashdot crowd. :)

j----- k-----

--
Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, Alaska -- ICQ#:13706295
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and

Paul Battley

What, you mean http://www.rubyonrails.com... ? :-)

Paul.

Christian Neukirchen

Paul Battley <pbattley@gmail.com> writes:

> What, you mean http://www.rubyonrails.com... ? :-)
>
> Paul.

At least the wordpress blog got slashdotted to unreachability... :-)

--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...