Re: [ANN] Stemmer 1.0.1 - Porter Stemmer Gem

Peña, Botp

4/21/2005 9:20:00 AM

Matt Mower [mailto:matt.mower@gmail.com] wrote:

#With thanks to Ray Pereda (who ported the Perl code to Ruby) I
#have released a Stemmer gem which contains the Porter word stemming
#algorithm. Both Lucas Carlson and I were using this code in our
#Bayesian classifier projects, I have used it in another
#project and I'm sure other people make use of it too. It made
#sense to Lucas and I to separate it out into a Gem to make it
#easier for others to use.
#
#RubyForge Project:
#
#http://rubyforge.org/project...
#
#Instructions:
#
#http://stemmer.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.p...

Cool.

irb(main):006:0> "testing".stem
=> "test"
irb(main):007:0> "unimaginable".stem
=> "unimagin"

do you know of any algorithm that "stems" the prefix?

i'd like:

irb(main):007:0> "unimaginable".stem
=> "imagin"

thanks and kind regards -botp