sftwrdvlpr

1/23/2003 8:19:00 PM

Is there a way for a user of IE to drag a link out of the address bar onto
an object in a webpage and have the link information uploaded to a server?

I would kind of like the same functionality as hitting Ctrl D for saving a
link to the favorites. The user could do the same thing but save the link
to a website.

Any ideas?

I know about Favorites Services already, but that doesn't address this
specific issue.

Thanks,
Fred

2 Answers

(dip)

You can access the URL of the page directly on the server
side event handler, from the ServerVariables collection
and save the link.

David Veeneman

IE supports drag-and-drop functionality--you can drag a link from the
address box and drop it on an IE text box. So here is how I think it would
work: Create a web page with a text box to receive the drop. Submit the page
to a processing page that reads the text box from the request object and
saves the contents to a DB or file on the server. Should be pretty
straightforward.