Dropdown return messed SelectedIndex (URGENT Pls)

Saverio Tedeschi

1/23/2003 11:02:00 PM

Hi all ASP guru's,
there's a problem that's driving me crazy: sometimes some dropdown
server controls misbehaves. I.e., if I select an item (between 109),
say RG, it returns me AG (the topmost item); if I select UD, it
returns BO. These are 2 controls that display provinces of Italy,
while other dd behaves well, even in the same page. I've tried both
bound and unbound (filled with a DataReader), and it behave tha same
way. Has someone faced such a problem? Any hint? I'm ib a big hurry
'cause I've to release an app by 2 weeks and if I don't find a
solution then I'll face big troubles. I've already wasted 3 days
searching for an error of mine: NOP. Pls help me!
1 Answer

Saverio Tedeschi

Saverio Tedeschi <tesis@tesis.org> wrote:

>Hi all ASP guru's,
>there's a problem that's driving me crazy: sometimes some dropdown
>server controls misbehaves. I.e., if I select an item (between 109),
>say RG, it returns me AG (the topmost item); if I select UD, it
>returns BO. These are 2 controls that display provinces of Italy,
>while other dd behaves well, even in the same page. I've tried both
>bound and unbound (filled with a DataReader), and it behave tha same
>way. Has someone faced such a problem? Any hint? I'm ib a big hurry
>'cause I've to release an app by 2 weeks and if I don't find a
>solution then I'll face big troubles. I've already wasted 3 days
>searching for an error of mine: NOP. Pls help me!

I've found a cause for this behaviour: I insert as value in all items
the code of the region (same for 4-9 items); then, when I select an
item, what remains is the first item of the region same as the
seloected (actually, I don't select a region but a city). I think this
is a bug: does M$ knows it? How can I avoid this?