Is there a way to get the range of dates displayed in the calendar control?

Chris Becker

1/23/2003 7:35:00 PM

The asp.net Calendar control has a property called VisibleDate. The month
of the visible date is the month that the calendar displays. MS was nice
and filled in the empty days with dates in the first and last week that are
in the previous and next months. What I would like to know is if there is
properties/methods that allow me to get the range of dates that will be
displayed in the calendar BEFORE it is rendered. I know that I can hook the
DayRender event and start keeping track of the first and last date, but I
need to do a db query on the date range before the rendering, not query for
each date.

For example, I am looking at the March 2003 calendar display, and the range
of dates displayed are 2/23/2003 to 4/5/2003. Can I get that range from the
control itself? Or do I need to use my old asp code to determine the range.
It would be great if MS made this range available since the code/processing
has already been done.

Thanks,
Chris