Dynamically changing html properties input tag onclick

Atrax _

1/22/2003 11:23:00 PM

I'm creating an input tag with the property set to 'readonly=true'. On a
vbscript 'onclick' I'd like to call a function to change this property
to be 'readonly=false' so someone can edit a record for example. I
labeled the input tag with an ID but have had no luck getting access to
modify it's readonly property. Can anyone point me in the right
direction PLEASE. Thanks in Advance!

WJ

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

saucer

<form runat="server" id="form1">
<asp:TextBox id="txt1" runat="server" ReadOnly="true" />
<input type="button" value="change readonly"
onclick="vbscript:document.form1.txt1.readonly=false">
</form>