How to set the focus in javascript for messagebox?

Shawn

1/22/2003 10:47:00 PM

I have a confirm popup messagebox (web-based). They are two buttons on it:
Yes, No. I want to get rid of focus or set focus to No. How can I do this in
javascript?
Thanks in advance for the help.

3 Answers

saucer

I could be wrong, but I think it is not possible with confirm dialog, try to
create a html page and use showModalDialog to simulate the effect and you
can set the focus to the No button in the html page

"Shawn" <x_zz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a confirm popup messagebox (web-based). They are two buttons on it:
> Yes, No. I want to get rid of focus or set focus to No. How can I do this
in
> javascript?
> Thanks in advance for the help.

Shawn

I tried using showModalDialog to simulate the effect, but that is similar to
window based message box, which i think it is nice. Do i miss anything?

"saucer" <crms@sina.com> wrote in message
> I could be wrong, but I think it is not possible with confirm dialog, try
> create a html page and use showModalDialog to simulate the effect and you
> can set the focus to the No button in the html page
>
> "Shawn" <x_zz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have a confirm popup messagebox (web-based). They are two buttons on
it:
> > Yes, No. I want to get rid of focus or set focus to No. How can I do
this
> in
> > javascript?
> > Thanks in advance for the help.

Julian

How about using MsgBox of vbScript if you only have IE users

"Shawn" <x_zz@yahoo.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:eJ#PyOmwCHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP10...