Jim Larson

1/22/2003 9:11:00 PM

I'm using a Checkbox server control and trying to catch
the PreRender event. I use similar code in other controls
without any problem, but for the checkbox the PreRender
event never fires. Any ideas?
2 Answers

(Bassel Tabbara [MSFT])

Hello Jim,

The PreRender event is not fired by CheckBox control is is a known issue in
the current version of framework.
However, it appears that it is fixed in the upcoming release of VS .NET
(Everett).
You might workaround this by putting your code in the load event although
it is earlier than the PreRender event
in the page life cycle.

Thanks,
Bassel Tabbara
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------
| From: "Jim Larson" <jlarson@pobox.com>
| Sender: "Jim Larson" <jlarson@pobox.com>
| Subject: Checkbox Prerender event
| Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:11:11 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| I'm using a Checkbox server control and trying to catch
| the PreRender event. I use similar code in other controls
| without any problem, but for the checkbox the PreRender
| event never fires. Any ideas?

Jim Larson

Thanks for the update. It turns out the Load doesn't work
for me because it happens too early.

My work-around is to use another invisible user control on
the form. In this controls Render event, I do the work I
wanted to do in the checkbox PreRender. The code registers
a couple of hidden variables that I reference in
Javascript.

Thanks again.

confers no rights.