Danilo Santos

1/22/2003 9:07:00 PM

Hi friends, how can I to pass params to crystal reports? I wanna to print
details from selected costumer. I'm trying to do passing values by url? Is
the correct way? How can I get this values? Formula?

tks lot! Danilo Santos, regards from Brazil, from where comes the best
soccer players!

3 Answers

unknown

Check out this article for some help with that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/05/Crystal/de...

Cheers

"Danilo Santos" <danilo.lima@acesys.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi friends, how can I to pass params to crystal reports? I wanna to print
> details from selected costumer. I'm trying to do passing values by url? Is
> the correct way? How can I get this values? Formula?
>
> tks lot! Danilo Santos, regards from Brazil, from where comes the best
> soccer players!

Eric Cathell

Prepare to pound your head on the desk for a few hours. I am personally very
disappointed in the severely non-intuitive methods CR is using for wiring
its viewers and such. I was hoping when I was working with a report it would
be as simple as the sqlcommand parameters are...but NO NO NO!!! You have 2
separate ways to do it, and you have to go to extreme measures(compared to
adding parameters for other .NET interfaces) just to add a simple parameter
to CR.NET...its a nightmare...BLEH...

"Danilo Santos" <danilo.lima@acesys.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi friends, how can I to pass params to crystal reports? I wanna to print
> details from selected costumer. I'm trying to do passing values by url? Is
> the correct way? How can I get this values? Formula?
>
> tks lot! Danilo Santos, regards from Brazil, from where comes the best
> soccer players!

Ron Ward

Assuming you are using C# in a web application, you can do something similar
to the following:

ParameterField param = crystalViewer.ParameterFieldInfo["@MyIntParam"];
ParameterDiscreteValue paramDiscreteValue = new
ParameterDiscreteValue();
paramDiscreteValue.Value =
Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString["SomeURLParam"]);
param.CurrentValues.Add(paramDiscreteValue);

Ron Ward, from USA where we play football with an odd-shaped pigskin