microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to get the .NET PetShop Demo to work on 2003/RC2

Josh Korn

1/22/2003 1:12:00 PM

I've run into a problem trying to get the .NET PetShop Demo to work under
Windows Server 2003 RC2

An attempt to register the PetShop.Components assembly fails because the
NETWORK SERVICE identity doesn't have access to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

Granting NETWORK SERVICE access to HKCR would probably work, but I wonder if
the registry entry is intended for HKEY_USERS\NETWORK_SERVICE (I think
that's S-1-5-18), which has a Software/Classes subkey.

Can anyone here shed some light on what the right thing is?

Thanks
Josh