(Lawrence Lilley)

1/22/2003 12:43:00 PM

I'm having a problem accessing a web service via my asp.net app. The
error message that I get is

"underlying connection was closed: the remote name could not be
resolved".

I've searched all the relevant newsgroups and, while I've found a lot
of references to accessing _external_ services, this isn't applicable
as my web service is currently running on the same machine.

Also, it all works fine on the development box (Win2k server) but the
error is appearing on a laptop which is running XP (professional).

Has anyone seen this come up in this circumstance before (rather than
the accessing of a remote service via a proxy)? Are there any special
settings that XP uses?

Many thanks

Lawrence
1 Answer

(Parker Zhang [MS])

Hello,

Are you able to use IE to "browse" the service?

Are there any proxy settings in your IE?

Are you using any firewall?

--
Parker Zhang
Microsoft Developer Support