Simple Question:Server controls don't work

(Bruce)

1/22/2003 12:42:00 PM

Ok, I am about to pull what's left of my hair out. I'm new to
webforms. From what I heard they are supposed to simplify things by
being event driven. To play with it in VS.NET I cerated a new web
app...I put a text box and a button on the form. In the button Click
event I want to populate the textbox with a value. When I push the
button nothing happens. I have determined that the only event that
does work is the page_load event. I also read that the webform is
supposed to retain client-entered values. I entered a random value in
the textbox.. hit the button.. and the value disappears. The only
thing I noticed is that the Page_Load event is firing every time I hit
the button. so far I have followed every basic example and it still
doesn't work. I don't know if it is a VS.NET/IIS setting/bug. Any
help in the right direction would be appreciated
1 Answer

Erik Porter [.NET MVP]

can you post the HTML and the code for your button?

Erik Porter
Microsoft .NET MVP