Embedded Form - form within a form

(levous)

1/22/2003 12:49:00 AM

I have a requirement to load external HTML and display inline within
our page...

We have an ASP.Net Portal framework implementation

the main page renders a master form element

Iframes will not resize correctly because the domain from which the
html serves is frequently not ours and the html is often poorly
formatted. (please notice revenue generating html.... before stating
we shouldn't include poorly formatted html)

I've used the WebResponse and WebRequest classes to retrieve the
content and write it inline in the page. This works beautifully along
with data caching.

One of the external files contains a form with form elements on it.
This gets written within the Dot Net form of the user control / aspx
page.

the result html is:

<form runat="server" id="someform">

..some content
...some content
....<userControl>
...external sourced revenue generating html
....<form id="embeddedUnrelatedForm">
..some form elements and a submit button
</form>
</userControl>
...more content
</form>

The embedded form does not show up in the forms collection
(clientside) and its action is never executed but instead posts the
main form

Is it possible, in any way, to have this situation work?
Can you embed one form inside another?

I don't write the requirements, I just make them happen... usually
;>(

Thanks

Rusky