microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

.net incompatabilty problem

Lionel Busch

1/18/2003 6:41:00 PM

I am running windows XP and have met all of the other
requirements on the Visual basic package and upon trying
to install Visual Basic the install said I needed .net
framework and I tried to install it from the supplied
disk only to receieve the error message that it is
incompatable with my version of windows and that all
components are part of windows. 1st of all what is that
supposed to mean and second of all if it is incompatable
with XP why do they say it is compatable on the package.
I am a poor student who just spent my meager earnings on
a program that I need for school and all I have so far is
a pretty box witrh some useless CD's in it. Any ideas
how I can make this program work?
1 Answer

Zen

Try being connected to the internet during the install

when I installed on XP it download a bunch of patches

--
Lawrence "Zen" Thurman
http://www.powe...