microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

system.Management error

JJ

I am trying to run the example given in the online help to
fire a management event. I keep getting the following
error everytime the BaseEvent.Fire() method is called. Am
I missing a file? Any help with this is very much
appreciated.

An unhandled exception of
type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException'
occurred in system.management.dll

Additional information: COM object with CLSID {4CFC7932-
0F9D-4BEF-9C32-8EA2A6B56FCB} is either not valid or not
registered.

3 Answers

(Ping Zheng)

Based on your CLSID, this is the WMI control, which is shipped with Windows
XP or Windows XP SP1. Is your OS Windows XP?

George Zheng [MSFT]

JJ

i have windows XP. Should i try Sp1?

confers no rights.

>George Zheng [MSFT]
>

>.

(Duke Sun)

Please try to re-register the dll <WINDOWS>\System32\wbem\wmidcprv.dll with
regsvr32 as the following:

regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmidcprv.dll

This may resolve your problem. Also, it's recommended to install Windows XP
SP1 on your machine.

Best regards,
quansun
VS.NET, Visual C++