microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

AutoPostBack in ASP.NET

Dicky

I am writing a simple asp.net application. I add the AutoPostBack to be true
in the DropDownList component in the page.

However, when the page post back, the page is going to be clear, which means
the page becomes empty.

How comes?
How can i solve this problem?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards,
Dicky

2 Answers

Don Kiely

Hi Dicky,

What is the value of the page's EnableViewState property? And the
control's EnableViewState property? Those have to both be true to
retain the controls state.

Also, how are you populating the data in the list? In the Page's Load
procedure? You may be inadvertantly clearing the control.

Feel free to include your code in the response.

Don

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 02:05:34 +0800, "Dicky"
<dicky_wong_hk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am writing a simple asp.net application. I add the AutoPostBack to be true
>in the DropDownList component in the page.
>
>However, when the page post back, the page is going to be clear, which means
>the page becomes empty.
>
>How comes?
>How can i solve this problem?
>
>Thank you for your kind attention.