microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

RichTextBox problems in Paste()

Sri K Ganjam

I created a custom control combining a
System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox and toolbar buttons which
will act as
a Editor. The requirement is to support embedding of any
kind of files
by means of paste. User will select any kind of file in
Windows File
Expolrer selects the file copies the file switches to the
Rich Text
Control and embedds the file by clicking Paste or Ctrl+V.
I achieved this functionality by using the Overloaded
Paste method
which does not take any parameters Paste(), since this
method with no
parameters will automatically detect the format and paste
in best
format, I am using this one.

The Actual problem:
The paste method is working fine the file is getting
embedded and
displayed as icon matching the file type, and when clicked
the file is
opened in respective application. The only problem is
instead of
showing the file name along with the icon, the FILE TYPE
is being
shown!!!
For example if I paste a word document "MYDetails.doc" the
RichTextBox
is displaying the document with Word Icon but instead of
displaying
the name "MyDetails.doc" it is displaying "Microsoft Word
Document".

I tried using commercially available RichTextControls, The
Evaluation
version of Syncfusion Essential Edit is having the same
problem.

am I missing any thing or is this a Bug? can any one
provide me help
on fixing this or atleast explain this behavior?
Thanks in advance.
Sri K Ganjam