ODBC.NET errors when accessing blank fields

Nicolas Husson

I'm using an ODBC.NET datareader to get some records from
a Sybase 5 db, but sometimes when I try to access a field
whose content is blank (i.e. a blank string), then I got
an ODBC exception that says something like "NO_DATA..",
The thing is, when it happens, the rest of my select
statement (i.e the fields coming after the "blank" field
in the SELECT statement) is "corrupted"...

Has anybody experienced that?

Nicolas Husson
Aniworld, Inc.
3 Answers

(Microsoft Developer Support)

Hi Nicolas,
Looks like you are running into a bug.

Please look the following article for further information.

319243 FIX: ODBC Driver Manager Incorrectly Reports SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND for
ANSI
http://support.microsoft.com/...

Thanks
Syed Mehdi
Microsoft Developer Support

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
http://www.microsoft.co....

Neil Allen

In article <01f201c2bf5b$4eeb2e40$d3f82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA10>,
nhusson@aniworld.com says...
> Hi,
>

> I'm using an ODBC.NET datareader to get some records from
> a Sybase 5 db, but sometimes when I try to access a field
> whose content is blank (i.e. a blank string), then I got
> an ODBC exception that says something like "NO_DATA..",
> The thing is, when it happens, the rest of my select
> statement (i.e the fields coming after the "blank" field
> in the SELECT statement) is "corrupted"...
>
> Has anybody experienced that?
>
> Nicolas Husson
> Aniworld, Inc.

Dear Nicolas

It's a known problem

The following should help...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&...
6263FCF4-A2AD-4690-8F6D-3341C16B31E6

Regards

Neil Allen

Samuel Ludlow

I was also having the same problem using ODBC.Net to
connect to a Sage Line50 ODBC data source.

I can confirm that the patch at:

http://support.microsoft.com/...

did fix the problem.

Samuel Ludlow