jwood@hawk-systems.net

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

The problem is not in the code that you are using. The code seems OK.

I think you are using the code in ASP.NET and not a windows form. If this is true then you are running into permission issue where IIS process is controling this and the identity
that is used by IIS determins the success of this operation or not.

Another thing that you didn't specify the exact error message.

If the message is "Login failed for user '<yourmachinename>\ASPNET' then this account is not know to SQL Server and need to be created with the correct permissions on
all tables and/or objects.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....

jwood@hawk-systems.net

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

OK, I think you forgot to add the Microsoft.Data.ODBC to the project references list. Try that and let me know.