Where is text-format?

Jim Freeze

4/17/2005 5:38:00 AM

Hi

Have I been sleeping? I cannot find text-format.
I thought it was a gem, but gem list does not
produce it. I was able to find tex(t)-hyphen and
text-reform. And, I was able to find the gemspec
of text-format online, but no text-format gem or
download.

Any help appreciated.
--
Jim Freeze
Code Red. Code Ruby

5 Answers

Eric Hodel

On 16 Apr 2005, at 22:37, Jim Freeze wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have I been sleeping? I cannot find text-format.
> I thought it was a gem, but gem list does not
> produce it. I was able to find tex(t)-hyphen and
> text-reform. And, I was able to find the gemspec
> of text-format online, but no text-format gem or
> download.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Sources say:

http://www.halostatue.ca/ruby/Text__F...

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

Wybo Dekker

Austin Ziegler

On 4/17/05, Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org> wrote:
> Have I been sleeping? I cannot find text-format.
> I thought it was a gem, but gem list does not
> produce it. I was able to find tex(t)-hyphen and
> text-reform. And, I was able to find the gemspec
> of text-format online, but no text-format gem or
> download.

Watch this space. Text::Format 1.0 will be released soon ;)

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Jim Freeze

* Austin Ziegler <halostatue@gmail.com> [2005-04-18 00:27:42 +0900]:

> On 4/17/05, Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org> wrote:
> > Have I been sleeping? I cannot find text-format.
> > I thought it was a gem, but gem list does not
> > produce it. I was able to find tex(t)-hyphen and
> > text-reform. And, I was able to find the gemspec
> > of text-format online, but no text-format gem or
> > download.
>
> Watch this space. Text::Format 1.0 will be released soon ;)

As a gem?

I don't want to be pushy, but I need a text-format gem.
Can I expect one soon?

--
Jim Freeze
Code Red. Code Ruby

Austin Ziegler

On 4/17/05, Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org> wrote:
> * Austin Ziegler <halostatue@gmail.com > [2005-04-18 00:27:42 +0900]:
> > On 4/17/05, Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org > wrote:
> > > Have I been sleeping? I cannot find text-format.
> > > I thought it was a gem, but gem list does not
> > > produce it. I was able to find tex(t)-hyphen and
> > > text-reform. And, I was able to find the gemspec
> > > of text-format online, but no text-format gem or
> > > download.
> > Watch this space. Text::Format 1.0 will be released soon ;)
> As a gem?
>
> I don't want to be pushy, but I need a text-format gem.
> Can I expect one soon?

Yup. I'm just a bit busy tidying up PDF::Writer 1.0 for release
(there's an issue with table rendering that's consuming all of my
time, but my main focus after that is completing the documentation and
demonstration programs). I am hoping to have time to release
Text::Format 1.0 soon after PDF::Writer is done.

If you are in great need of a gem, I will be happy to email you the
last built gem that I made. Please contact me off-list if this is the
case. I expect to have the PDF::Writer release done soon, but as I
said, there's a problem that I must resolve before releasing.

-austin