Re: Knight's Travails (#27

Peña, Botp

4/16/2005 2:26:00 AM

James Edward Gray II [mailto:james@grayproductions.net] wrote:

#irb(main):001:0> "string"[0, 1]
#=> "s"
#
#I believe it's planned to have "string"[0] return "s" in Ruby 2, as
#well.

it is good but would that break a lot of (old) things? In that case, will
Ruby 2 be a different ruby?

thanks again for the info, james.

kind regards -botp

#
#James Edward Gray II
#

4 Answers

James Gray

On Apr 15, 2005, at 9:26 PM, Peña, Botp wrote:

> it is good but would that break a lot of (old) things? In that case,
> will
> Ruby 2 be a different ruby?

I believe that release is planned as a fix for any lingering issues, if
if a little compatibility must be sacrificed to get there. That way we
can find all new issues. ;)

Of course, I could be way off base. We're well of my map now...

James Edward Gray II

ES

Le 16/4/2005, "James Edward Gray II" <james@grayproductions.net> a
écrit:
>On Apr 15, 2005, at 9:26 PM, Peña, Botp wrote:
>
>> it is good but would that break a lot of (old) things? In that case,
>> will
>> Ruby 2 be a different ruby?
>
>I believe that release is planned as a fix for any lingering issues, if
>if a little compatibility must be sacrificed to get there. That way we
>can find all new issues. ;)

The philosophy was that breakage is maximized at
2.0, minimized afterwards. Whether this means that
Matz-ue is deliberately looking to break stuff I do
not know ;)

I am still hoping my beloved first-order functions
are included, myself.

>Of course, I could be way off base. We're well of my map now...
>
>James Edward Gray II

No-one expects the Solaris POSIX implementation!

NoSpamAtAll

In article <2pchv6h9i2403s539l44l9nh1qj33nigqb@4ax.com>,
The Revd <peeling@degenerate.griks> wrote:

> Something funny happened to me when I was a kid. My limey father
> told me "go suck some donkey-dick". I didn't hear him right,
> so I went and sucked some *monkey-dick* instead! Gad, I'm
> such a stupid cock-sucking limey bastard!

Jesus Christ. By the way, did the monkey also find it funny?

The Revd

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:48:31 +0000 (UTC), Small Henry aka NoSpamAtAll
<spamnot@not.home> wrote:

>In article <2pchv6h9i2403s539l44l9nh1qj33nigqb@4ax.com>,
>The Revd <peeling@degenerate.griks> wrote:
>
>> Something funny happened to you when you were a jew kid. Your jew father
>> told you "go suck some Arab donkey-dick". You didn't hear him right,
>> so you went and sucked some *monkey-dick* instead! Gad, you're
>> such a stupid cock-sucking jew bastard!
>
>Jesus Christ. By the way, the monkey also found it funny.

I imagine it would, jewboi!