Re: mkmf questions

Berger, Daniel

4/15/2005 5:14:00 PM

"The libm.a and libm.so files are in the /usr/lib64 directory."

I'm guessing you're running some flavor of Linux. I'm not sure how
Linux is typically setup, but on Solaris you usually have to both 32 and
64 bit versions of the same library. Then, when you build, your app
will usually do the right thing and build against the appropriate
library. Is it possible that your system has *only* the 64 bit
versions? I dunno without looking.

In any case, it appears that you are trying to explicitly link against a
64 bit version of the library, even though you've got a 32 bit version
of Ruby.

One option is to rebuild Ruby with the -m64 option (at least, that's the
option on Solaris. Linux gurus should correct me if it's different on
Linux). If all you have are 64 bit versions of your libraries, then I
think this really your only option, unless you want to rebuild a bunch
of 3rd party libraries manually.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the appropriate solution is.

Regards,

Dan