[ANN]: PageTemplate 2.0

Brian Wisti

4/14/2005 5:53:00 AM

Hi all,

With the assistance of Greg Millam, we've released PageTemplate 2.0.
PageTemplate is a Ruby package which allows you to utilize text
templates for your Web projects. It is mainly intended for use in a
CGI environment, but has been designed to be useful in a broad range
of similar applications. Additional details can be found at the
PageTemplate home pages:

* http://rubyforge.org/projects/pag...
* http://coolnamehere.com/products/pag...

Changes? Plenty.
2.0
Major changes:
Entire code refactored and rewritten.
Parser now iterative
Commands:
Changed: Everything is encapsulated in the PageTemplate class
Changed: If, IfElse, Unless, UnlessElse commands merged
Changed: Loop, LoopElse merged
Changed: else/end logic placed into Commands
Fixed: Loop MetaVariables
Added: ValueCommand supports 'preprocessors'. var variable :processor
Added: 'case' command added: optional in PageTemplate/case.rb
Namespace:
Fixed: false or nil variables previously caused PT to search up.
Added: ability to have 'var.name.name2' variable access.
Parser:
Changed: Syntax::Glossary became SyntaxGlossary
Changed: Syntax::Parser became just Parser
Changed: Parser is now primarily a compiler instead of a template object.
Changed: else/end logic placed into Commands instead of parser.
Changed: Iterative process should be faster
Removed: Use of a disk cache when 'use_cache' is true
Added: Ability to compile files without setting PageTemplate's
current @commands to the result.

2 Answers

The Peeler

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:29:06 -0600, The Rectum farted again:

>>> Middle East, Pantahose!   Just look at yourself and Grikboxer®!  LOL
>>>
>>> <Very Buggered Griks>
>>
>>People can judge for themselves who the real faggots are.
>
> Yes, they can: Griks! Where do you think the word "greeking" came
> from? LOL

You rather keep wondering where you name, "The Rectum", came from, The
Rectum! LOL

--
Some of The Rectum's "wisdom":
"Your hands are no use to you without a dick"

The Peeler

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:00:13 -0600, The Rectum farted again:

>>Emasculated British men who flock to Southern Europe to get abused by
>>the "rough mediterranean male".
>
> In other words, greeking originated in Grease, as I said,
>
>>Get holocausted soon. It will make you feel better.
>
> Get greeked soon. It will make you (and another Grik) both feel
> better.

<VBG> Still desperately trying to get one of your tiny miserable online
orgasms, you hilarious housebound impotent sod? Seems to take you longer
than usual! LOL!!!

--
The top 5 truths about our resident psychopath, The Rectum:

he can't get out of the house anymore,
he got NOBODY to talk to anymore,
he can't FUCK anymore,
he got no life outside Usenet AT ALL!