Ruby introduction

Carl Youngblood

4/13/2005 8:14:00 PM

I'm planning on giving an introductory ruby tutorial at a Ruby users
group meeting this Saturday. I have a vague recollection of a pretty
good PDF floating around that someone was using to teach a 3-day Ruby
course or something like that. Does anyone remember that and where I
might find it, or does anyone have some other recommendation for a
good starting point? I'd like to get a head start rather than develop
my entire presentation from scratch.

Thanks,
Carl

2 Answers

Curt Hibbs

Carl Youngblood wrote:
> I'm planning on giving an introductory ruby tutorial at a Ruby users
> group meeting this Saturday. I have a vague recollection of a pretty
> good PDF floating around that someone was using to teach a 3-day Ruby
> course or something like that. Does anyone remember that and where I
> might find it, or does anyone have some other recommendation for a
> good starting point? I'd like to get a head start rather than develop
> my entire presentation from scratch.

Check out the publicly available presentations in the WhyRuby? project
on RubyForge:

http://rubyforge.org/docman/?gr...

Curt

Daniel Amelang

Hey Carl, sorry I didn't see this earlier. Maybe you were thinking of:

http://ruby.brian-schroeder....

You'll find the pdf there. I highly recommend it.

BTW, I need to get that book from your in-laws still. I think I still
have their number somewhere...

Dan