Re: Threads in Rails

Lothar Scholz

4/13/2005 3:55:00 PM

Hello Brian,

BM> Even under FastCGI or mod_ruby, I wouldn't rely on the lifetime (or
BM> cycle) of a given VM for processing anything in the background. A

It is possible if vou configure the webserver to use external
FastCGI servers and not one that is controlled by apache. And if you
do this it's better to use another server that works much better with
FastCGI then apache.

Under mod_ruby there is indeed no way to garantee anything outside the request scope.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...