Re: Ruby quiz fodder?

Peña, Botp

4/13/2005 3:54:00 AM

James Edward Gray II [mailto:james@grayproductions.net] wrote:

#On Apr 12, 2005, at 8:04 AM, Bil.Kleb@NASA.gov wrote:
#
#> MIT has put GPSs on their shuttle buses and shows
#> bus locations via the web so you can minimize
#> your wait time,
#>
#> http://shuttletrack.mit.edu/all...
#>
#> The backend is Perl and the front end is PHP,
#>
#> http://shuttletrack.mit.ed...
#>
#> They offer a challenge: "You think you can do
#> something more efficiently? Let us know."
#
#Hmm, I browsed through the source a bit. It's pretty interesting
#stuff. The Perl is surprisingly clean and straight forward. I'm not
#very familiar with PHP, but I can tell what those files are doing.
#
#Other that making the code much prettier though, I don't have any
#clever ideas to revolutionize the process. Does anyone else?

If you can create one in ruby, i will use it.
I will take care of the revolutionizing it later. Eg, it would also be great
to include the tracks/routes and directions of each van. Each track will
have a unique color/outline and is unique for each van. Here in our
location, it is common for vehicles to reroute and it is important for us to
get the mileage result for proper fuel mgt :-)

#
#James Edward Gray II
#

thanks and kind regards -botp