Ruby quiz fodder?

Bil Kleb

4/12/2005 1:04:00 PM

MIT has put GPSs on their shuttle buses and shows
bus locations via the web so you can minimize
your wait time,

http://shuttletrack.mit.edu/all...

The backend is Perl and the front end is PHP,

http://shuttletrack.mit.ed...

They offer a challenge: "You think you can do
something more efficiently? Let us know."

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.lar...

1 Answer

James Gray

On Apr 12, 2005, at 8:04 AM, Bil.Kleb@NASA.gov wrote:

> MIT has put GPSs on their shuttle buses and shows
> bus locations via the web so you can minimize
> your wait time,
>
> http://shuttletrack.mit.edu/all...
>
> The backend is Perl and the front end is PHP,
>
> http://shuttletrack.mit.ed...
>
> They offer a challenge: "You think you can do
> something more efficiently? Let us know."

Hmm, I browsed through the source a bit. It's pretty interesting
stuff. The Perl is surprisingly clean and straight forward. I'm not
very familiar with PHP, but I can tell what those files are doing.

Other that making the code much prettier though, I don't have any
clever ideas to revolutionize the process. Does anyone else?

James Edward Gray II