(Tracy Fletcher)

1/21/2003 10:17:00 PM

I've developed an Enterprise Asynchronous Solution that is accessible
via an ASP.Net WebService. My problem is that the standard
WebReference includes Asynchronous method calls such as BeginWebMethod
and EndWebMethod. Is there any way I can prevent these options from
appearing? I think they will be confusing to my end users.

Thanks!

Tracy Fletcher
3 Answers

Carlos Peix

Tracy,

If you have a proxy class in your client (and you should), simply delete
those methods from that class...

HTH
-cp

Tracy Fletcher <spambox@fletchercentral.com> wrote in message
> I've developed an Enterprise Asynchronous Solution that is accessible
> via an ASP.Net WebService. My problem is that the standard
> WebReference includes Asynchronous method calls such as BeginWebMethod
> and EndWebMethod. Is there any way I can prevent these options from
> appearing? I think they will be confusing to my end users.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tracy Fletcher

Carlos Peix

Tracy,

The fact is: your web service exposes just the synchronous version of the
method, the asynchronous one is generated by the proxy class (helped by the
FCL), so, you do not have control on that.

BTW, if a developer can generate a proxy class for you WS I think he/she
will understand the whole thing...

> > Tracy,
> >
> > If you have a proxy class in your client (and you should), simply
delete
> > those methods from that class...
> >
> > HTH
> > -cp
> >
> > Tracy Fletcher <spambox@fletchercentral.com> wrote in message
> > > I've developed an Enterprise Asynchronous Solution that is accessible
> > > via an ASP.Net WebService. My problem is that the standard
> > > WebReference includes Asynchronous method calls such as BeginWebMethod
> > > and EndWebMethod. Is there any way I can prevent these options from
> > > appearing? I think they will be confusing to my end users.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Tracy Fletcher

(Tracy Fletcher)