WSE X.509 Cert Signing - Access Denied Error

Matt Mannion

1/15/2003 3:53:00 PM

I am trying to test X.509 certificate signing with the
WSE. I created a cert with:
makecert -ss My -sr LocalMachine -sk Signature -
n "CN=TestCert" "c:\TestCert.cert", I updated my
web.config file with: <x509 allowTestRoot="true" />

I created an X509SecurityToken with the cert. When I run
the next 2 lines of code, the second line fails with an
Access Denied error:

myRequestSoapContext.Security.Tokens.Add(mySecurityToken)

myRequestSoapContext.Security.Elements.Add _ (New
Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Signature _
(mySecurityToken))

I also tried to grant permission to user ASPNET to the
key files.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Matt