HELP - Com Callable Wrapper not working with ASP

Chicago Blues

I am writing CCWs for a couple assemblies. They will be used in both VB6
and ASP. I got the following:

[1] When the assembly is simlple (like hello world). Both VB6 client and
ASP client work fine.

[2] When the aseembly is a Web Service Client, it was generated by
wsdl.exe, then I insert line of
[assembly:AssemblyKeyFile("TestService.snk")].

(BTW, anyone of you doing the above? what is the better way to write web
services client as a com componnent?)

It works in VB6 clients. It is not working in ASP. The error message is:
assembly ***.dll not found.

I suppose it has something to do with the fact that the web service code
is on another machine. So that certain security policy may be in effect.

Can someone give me a hand?

Thank you very much.

3 Answers

Chicago Blues

Detailed Error Message in the asp page is here:

Error Type:
mscorlib (0x80070002)
File or assembly name onww9deu.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
found.
/test/a.asp, line 3

When you click refresh button, that onww9deu.dll will randomly change
into another name, like vlngb1wt.dll, or anything. Seems it hits some
dll in the cache.

Bo Yuan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing CCWs for a couple assemblies. They will be used in both VB6
> and ASP. I got the following:
>
> [1] When the assembly is simlple (like hello world). Both VB6 client and
> ASP client work fine.
>
> [2] When the aseembly is a Web Service Client, it was generated by
> wsdl.exe, then I insert line of
> [assembly:AssemblyKeyFile("TestService.snk")].
>
> (BTW, anyone of you doing the above? what is the better way to write web
> services client as a com componnent?)
>
> It works in VB6 clients. It is not working in ASP. The error message is:
> assembly ***.dll not found.
>
> I suppose it has something to do with the fact that the web service code
> is on another machine. So that certain security policy may be in effect.
>

> Can someone give me a hand?
>
> Thank you very much.

omar awwad

plz try this solutions:
give the ASP user that you have defined a permission on
the folder Temp in the Winnt folder.

Chicago Blues

It worked!

Thanks a million.