ChipA

1/15/2003 12:36:00 AM

Just install .net, created a web service following a
walkthrough, but am unable to debug as I get the following:

Am running W2K Professional, installed IIS with FP2000

I really don't know how to proceed...THANKS!

Chip Atkinson

Server Error in '/HelloWorld' Application.
---------------------

Compilation Error
resource required to service this request. Please review
the following specific error details and modify your
source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message:
CS1595: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScop
eAttribute' is defined in multiple places; using
definition from 'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705
\mscorlib.dll'

Source Error:

Line 25:
Line 26:
Line 27:
[System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribu
te()]
Line 28: public class Global_asax : HelloWorld.Global {
Line 29:

Source File: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
\Temporary ASP.NET Files\helloworld\cc236d28\bfbe9227\-
nlqtfbi.0.cs Line: 27

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0
3 Answers

omar awwad

if you install IIS after install .net you must repair ths
asp.net component using
regiis_aspnet -r

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...
url=/library/en-us/vsdebug/html/vxgrfscriptweberrors.asp

-

{
>Line 29:
>

>Source File: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
>\Temporary ASP.NET Files\helloworld\cc236d28\bfbe9227\-
>nlqtfbi.0.cs Line: 27
>

>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
>Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0
>.

ChipA

I tried that and I am still getting the compile error when
attempting to debug or when to attempt to "Add Web
Service". Anymore thoughts?? THANKS AGAIN!

-
>-
>>---------------------
>>
>>Compilation Error
>>resource required to service this request. Please review
>>the following specific error details and modify your
>>source code appropriately.
>>
>>Compiler Error Message:
>>CS1595: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalSc
>>eAttribute' is defined in multiple places; using
>>definition
>from 'C:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705
>>\mscorlib.dll'
>>
>>Source Error:
>>

>>Line 25:
>>Line 26:
>>Line 27:

[System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribu
>>te()]
>>Line 28: public class Global_asax :
HelloWorld.Global
>{
>>Line 29:
>>

>>Source File: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
>>\Temporary ASP.NET Files\helloworld\cc236d28\bfbe9227\-
>>nlqtfbi.0.cs Line: 27
>>

>>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
>>Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0
>>.
>>
>.

omar awwad

plz try to repair front page extension.