Re: returning an object from a web service

Khurram Lone

1/14/2003 3:59:00 PM

Pierre

My problem is not the name of the object but its type. My intention is
to pass the object returned by the web service to another client class
which would not have access to the web service but would have a
reference to a common type (obj1). When I get the object back from the
web service, its type is no longer obj1 but localhost1.obj1, and it
cannot be directly assigned back to an obj1 type object. So, I cannot
pass that object on to another client class.

Thanks

Khurram

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Pierre Greborio

Maybe I don't understand but which is the namespace of the clalling client ?

If you have common type obj1 and you want that this one is shared between
your client and the web service proxy, you can delete the localhost1.obj1
type (from proxy source code) and then refer to your obj1 type on the proxy
class (return value of the method). Be aware that the proxy must has access
to the obj1.

Pierre

Pierre Greborio
http://www.ugi...