Interop problem (Strange Behavior)

Victor Reboucas

I developed a web service and want to call it from an
existing VB6 application. Well the better solution I found
was to create a .Net dll that calls this web service and
put the interop process in this dll (that will be
distributed with my VB6 app).

Well, first it did not work, (error: no server registered
or could not load class for clsid ...) then I found that
to register a dll for interop I should use a strong name
to refer to the dll and the /tlb switch of regasm to
register the assembly and get it registered in the GAC and
the registry too. (in the begining I just put the
COMVisible atribute in my component, that caused that
clsid message)

Ok, it stared work, it works fine. But then I made a .msi
file to distribute it to client computers and the Web
Service stopped working (I got the same clsid message) and
I even rewrite it with another name, another Strong Name
and everything from the start again and nothing works
again.

By the error message I'm getting, may I be using some tool
(like regasm) in a wrong way? How this registry key really
works? How can I find it? (oh, yes, the clsid I get in the
error message, of course, is not in my registry - I
checked it to be sure)

Thanks a lot,
Victor