Rein Petersen

1/14/2003 5:42:00 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm having a good experience with Web services and ASP.NET however, I'd like
to return data other than a string or some other basic type. Ideally, I'd
like to return an XML document but if the method return type is string, the
enclosed data (which is xml) is escaped. An example response looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<string xmlns="http://myDomain.com/webservices"&g... version="1.0"
encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE pap PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD PAP 1.0//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/pap_1.0.dtd...
<pap>
<push-message push-id="test"
deliver-before-timestamp="2003-01-15T04:33:09Z"
deliver-after-timestamp="2003-01-14T04:33:09Z" source-reference="test">
<address address-value="55555" />
</push-message>
</pap></string>

Really, its just a web service proxy that I've built (which returns the
response document from another service) so it would be better is I could do
away with the xml wrapper that my service adds.

Any suggestions?

Rein

1 Answer

Pierre Greborio

Hi Rein,
in your case I suggest to retun an instance of class, so that it is easier
to use at client side also. If you can't do it, you could use
System.Web.HttpUtilty.HtmlDecode.

Pierre

Pierre Greborio
http://www.ugi...